Evangelia (Evelina) Tsiantzi-Mante was born in Greece in 2007 and she has lived on the island of Santorini since the age of 5. She is a member of a musical family and started piano lessons at the age of 5 with her father George Tsiantzis, who fostered his love for the piano in her and guides her to express her innate musicality as she develops her technique and interpretation of music works.
Additionally, she regularly participates in masterclasses with excellent pianists such as Cyprien Katsaris, Christina Ortiz, Domna Eunouchidou, Lilia Boyadjieva, George-Emmanouel Lazaridis, Vassilis Varvaresos, Ioannis Potamousis and Yekaterina Lebedeva. During 2020-2021 she had weekly lessons with the world-famous pianist Cyprien Katsaris. In September 2021 she was admitted to the historical and famous school ‘Schola Cantorum de Paris’ in the class of the distinguished professor Agathe Leimoni.
At the age of 15 she has already managed to win eight gold medals in international piano competitions in London, Canada and Italy and three first prizes in pan-Hellenic piano competitions. So far, she has won a total of 29 exceptional awards in national and international piano competitions in the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Poland, Hong Kong, the United Arabic Emirates, Italy, Bulgaria and Greece. It is particularly impressive that she has won an award in all the competitions she has participated!
The comments about Evelina from the judges of the international competitions are exceptional:
‘Young charismatic artist that performs with great pleasure and attracts the public as she is always participating fully.’
‘Very talented and emotional girl. It could be a very good future for her!‘
As far as her gold medals and most important awards are concerned, she is a …
• Gold Prize Winner (15 y.o.) in the International Bach Competition 2022 in the Young Artist Category (London, United Kingdom)
• First Prize Winner (15 y.o.) & 'Best Performance of J.S.Bach's work' in the World Grand Prix International Music Contest 2022 in the Young Artist Category (London, United Kingdom)
• Gold Prize Winner (16 y.o.) in the London Young Musician International Classical Music Performance Competition 2023 in the Young Artist Category (London, United Kingdom)
• Gold Prize Winner (15 y.o.) in the London Young Musician International Classical Music Performance Competition 2022 in the Young Artist Category (London, United Kingdom)
• First Prize Winner (14 y.o.) & 'Best Performer to represent Greece' in the International Competition Classical Music Artists Award 2022 Artist Category, Age 14-17 (London, United Kingdom) awarded by European Classical Music Awards Global Committee
• Gold Prize Winner (14 y.o.) in Global Genius Music Competition (London, United Kingdom) Winter Season 2021-2022, Age Category E: 13-14 years old
• Special Prize Winner for Excellent Musicality (14 y.o.) in Global Genius Music Competition (London, United Kingdom) Winter Season 2021-2022
• FIRST PLACE WINNER (14 y.o.) at the 21st Century Talents Keyboard Competition 2022 (Ottawa, Canada) Junior Category, 13 - 14 years old, Advanced (Highly competitive) difficulty level.
This year’s competition was attended by competitors from 15 countries. The demanding 5-member committee awarded Evelina the 1st prize – First Place Winner. As the winner of the competition, she has been invited to participate in the winners’ concert that will take place in Ottawa, the capital of Canada in the upcoming summer 2023.
• 1st Prize Winner (15 y.o.) in the Orbetello International Piano Competition 2022 (Italy)
• 1st Prize Winner (15 y.o.) in the 8th 'Maria Cherogiorgou-Sigara' 2022 National Music Competition of Greece in the age category 15-18 years old, was held in the Megaron – the Athens Concert Hall
• 1st Prize Winner (14 y.o.) in the 'Tasos Pappas' 2021 National
Piano Competition of Greece, in the age category of 13-17 years old,
was held in the State Conservatory of Thessaloniki (Greece)
• 1st Prize Winner (12 y.o.) in the 'Tasos Pappas' 2019 National Piano Competition of Greece, in the age category of 11-16 years old, was held in the State Conservatory of Thessaloniki (Greece)
Some other Special Awards worth mentioning are the ones she received twice in 2020 and 2021 in 'Chopin Avenue International Piano Competition' in Hong-Kong. She was awarded the Special Diploma for 'Outstanding Interpretation of a Chopin Work' from Fryderyk
Chopin Society in Warsaw (juror Prof. Bronislawa Kawalla in Poland) and the 'Special Award by the Consul General of the Republic of Poland in Hong Kong', which was given to the candidate with the highest potential for future development!
Also, Evelina has appeared on some programmes on Greek TV performing piano music and has given some very interesting recitals performing piano music in various festivals in Greece.
In 2018 she gave her first Piano Recital in the private school Axion Esti in Volos, Greece. Since then, she has performed on several occasions in Santorini. In 2021 she was selected by the Theran Society of Arts and Sciences to give a piano recital as part of commemorations held to mark the celebration of the 200th anniversary of the Greek Revolution. She has also performed as a Rising Star in the 6th Aegean Arts International Festival in Crete, as well as in Vouleftiko Nafplio and in the Megaron - Thessaloniki Concert Hall. Finally, Gina Bachauer International Music Association selected Evelina to perform in a concert for rising young soloists, held in the Megaron - Athens Concert Hall.
For her success and distinction, she received an honorary plaque from Municipality of Santorini.
Her other Piano Awards include:
• Silver Prize Winner in the 1st Milan International Piano Competition 2022 (Milan, Italy)
• Silver Prize Winner in WORLD CLASSICAL MUSIC AWARDS INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION 2022 (London, United Kingdom)
• 2nd Prize Winner in ''De Bach au Jazz'' International Piano Competition 2021 (Athens) Under the auspices of the Greek "Ministry of Culture and Sports" and the "Athens Conservatoire" Jury: Nikos ATHINAIOS, Yuri BOGDANOV (Russia, Professor, Russian Academy of Music Gnesyn), Lilia BOYADJIEVA, Antonio DI CRISTOFANO, Agathi LEÏMONI, Marina PLIASSOVA and Borislava TANEVA
• 2nd Prize Winner in 'Muse International Music Competition 2021' (Greece)
• 3rd Prize Winner in Solinaria International Piano Competition 2022 (Bulgaria)
• 3rd Prize Winner in "Wonder Keys" International Piano Competition 2021 (Germany)
• 2nd Prize Winner in International ''Piano Competition Online'' 2021 (Poland)
• 3rd Prize Winner in International Music Competition ‘OPUS’ 2021 (Krakow, Poland)
• 3rd Prize Winner in 'Fujairah International Piano Competition 2020' (United Arab Emirates)
• Honorable Mention with very good results in the International Piano Competition 'Rising Stars Grand Prix Βerlin 2019' (Germany)
• 3rd Prize Winner in 'Muse International Music Competition 2019' (Greece)
• 2nd Prize Winner in 'Muse International Music Competition 2018' (Greece)
Evelina on TV:
Evelina and Angelina Tsiantzi-Mante on TV! - YouTube
Evelina in the press: