Ensemble & Chorus & Band
Assignment to an age group is determined by the average age of the participants in the ensemble.
Group A: Ages 0-18.
Group B: Ages 19-29.
Group C: Ages 30+.
Group A: 6 minutes.
Group B: 12 minutes.
Group C: 12 minutes.
1. The New York Victory International Music Competition (hereafter referred to as NYVIMC) is an online competition that allows participants to submit a video showing their highest performance level. The competition consists of one round.
2. The NYVIMC is held monthly, participants can submit applications any day of the month, and the results will be announced on the 20th of the following month.
3. Participants can join more than one category within the same month's competition but must submit an independent application form and fee for each category separately.
4. Participants can freely choose repertoire and musical styles that reflect their present level.
5. Ensemble/Chorus/Band-Participants do NOT need to perform from memory.
6. Virtual choir, orchestra, and band participants: simply upload your virtual music performance link (typically an edited, multi-image video product).
7. All participants shall submit publicly available YouTube or Bilibili video links. Please ensure that the YouTube or Bilibili video is set to PUBLIC mode. Private YouTube links or downloadable links are not accepted. In addition, the video must clearly show the performer's face and hands.
8. The recording does not need to be of professional quality, but the audio must be recognizable. Better scores may be awarded for your performance if you provide the jurors with high-quality audio and video recordings.
9. The video or works submitted for the competition must have been made no more than 18 months before the month of the competition.
10. Juries' comments will not be disclosed. Jurors' decisions are final and can't be appealed.
11. To ensure fairness, judges who have taught or coached applicants before, even in master classes, are not allowed to judge their performances. The jury's decision is final and cannot be appealed.
12. The NYVIMC has the right to change the rules, schedule, and other competition information.
13. All application fees must be paid in full before an application can be processed and are non-refundable. Incomplete applications or those not including the required documentation will not be processed.
14. Participants can not claim legal rights to recordings and photographs submitted or any broadcasts produced in connection with the competition. Any performances, photographs, recordings, or broadcasts on television will be free of charge to the NYVIMC, which retains all legal rights.
98-100%: Grand Prize
92-97%: 1st Prize
86-91%: 2nd Prize
80-85%: 3rd Prize
Application fee: 75 USD.
Music is the best means we have of digesting time.” —— Wystan Hugh Auden